St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner. Shamrocks, leprechauns, pots of gold at the end of every rainbow, and green beer as far as the eye can see! But, let’s face it. Every year, you go a little overboard. Either you can’t make it through the whole night and have to go home early, or you wake up with a massive hangover and regret every decision that’s lead you to this point.
With the help of this St. Patrick’s Day Survival Guide, you’ll be more equipped than ever to take on anything the night throws at you and make the next morning as bearable as possible.
St. Patrick’s Day Hangover Survival Guide:
1. Mental Preparation
- You’re a grown adult. This ain’t your first rodeo. You know that drinking heavily is accompanied by a hangover. There’s no way around it. What you can do, is be mentally prepared. Go into the night knowing that tomorrow is going to be a dark day but you’ll make it through. Taking time to acknowledge these consequences may influence your decisions throughout the night in a positive way.
2. A Good Night’s Sleep
- Alcohol can either pick you up and keep you going or it can hit you like a bus straight out of Sleepy-Town. If you want to make it to closing time, you better get a good night’s sleep the day before.
3. Pace Yourself
- Listen, just because Nance had five mimosas at brunch doesn’t mean you have to too. The night is young. Take your time and remember that more is not always better.
4. Activated Charcoal
- Popping a few activated charcoal pills before or while you’re drinking is a sure fired way to win the title of “boujee-est friend.” Although activated charcoal hasn’t been linked to hangover prevention, it has been shown to assist kidney function by filtering out undigested toxins. There are also a handful of case studies that swear by it.
- It’s a tale as old as time itself. 1 alcoholic beverage = 1 glass of water. Luckily, if you really, truly stick to this rule, you’re going to be better off than most. With this 1-to-1 rule, you’re going to be using the bathroom a lot and losing a lot of vitamins so make sure you’re replacing those.
- Kill Cliff RECOVER is a great product to stock up on before a night out. It’s full of plant extracts, enzymes, B-vitamins, and electrolytes. You can sip on it throughout the night, use it as a mixer, and drink it the next morning to help get you back to full speed.
- Salty, fatty, protein-dense foods should be on your radar. The salt will help you retain some of the water you’ll lose from the diuretic effects of alcohol and the fats will slow the rate of absorption. If you’re trying to stay festive, corned beef and cabbage is a great choice. Things like pizza, olives, pickles, nuts, and cheeses are also good options.
7. IV Clinic
- If you’re feeling down and out but don’t have time to spend half of the day “sleeping it off,” this is the recovery method for you. Luckily, IV clinics can be found in most major cities and have specific recovery drips aimed at getting you out of that hangover as quickly as possible.
That’s all we have for you. Enjoy the holiday and drink responsibly! If you have any other hangover prevention or recovery methods, please comment below and let us know!